Information you and others provide
We may collect the following kinds of information from and about you:
contact information, such as full name and email address and any contact information relating to other users (such as telephone numbers or email addresses) that you upload, sync or import (such as from your personal Tellit Network Account); demographic information that you or others choose to provide; username, password and profile information; work title, department information, reporting structures and other information related to your work or Business; all content that you create, share or post in audio, video, text, images and other media or software files that you provide on or through our Services, or that are provided on your behalf, including information in or about the content that you provide, such as the location of a photo or the date when a file was created; information that other people provide about you when using our Services, including when they send a message to you or upload information about you; the content of all communications on or through our Services; user communications, feedback, suggestions and ideas sent to us or any other information that you provide to us when you or your Business contact or engage us for support regarding our Services; information about the people and groups you are connected to and how you interact with them, such as the people you communicate with the most or the groups you like to share with; the content and other information you provide when you use our Services, including when you sign up for an account, create or share, and message or communicate with others. This can include information in or about the content you provide, such as the date a file was created. We also collect information about how you use our Services, such as the types of content you view or engage with or the frequency and duration of your activities; and any other information you choose to upload, share with other users or provide to us directly through our Services.
Information that we collect from the Tellit Network Partner Companies and from other Tellit Network Services
How do we use the information we collect?
Tellit Network will use the information that we collect to provide, develop, improve and monetize our Services, as well as the Tellit Network Services and those services provided by the Tellit Network Partner Companies. Examples of such use include:
- Communicating with users regarding their use of our Services;
- Enhancing and promoting the security, integrity and safety of our Services for you and other users;
- Operating, maintaining and improving the systems and infrastructure that provide our Community and other Tellit NetworkServices (note that we use the same systems and infrastructure to support our Community and the Tellit NetworkServices). For example, we may use crash logs from your use of our Community to identify and fix bugs that may also be present in the Tellit Network Services;
- personalizing and customizing your experiences as part of our provision of our Services including presenting you with content, communications, or topics (including paid content) that you may be interested in or that are popular or trending within your Business community;
- Developing new tools, products or services that we may introduce which may develop and enrich your experience over time;
- Associating activity on our Partner Sites/Companies and the Tellit Network Services across different devices operated or used by the same individual to improve our Community and other Tellit Network Services which we provide.
- Conducting data and system analytics, including research to improve our Community and the Tellit Network Services.
How is this information shared?
We may share the information we collect in the following circumstances:
- To your Business community when you choose to share and communicate through our Services. You may be able to choose the audience who you choose to share content with, for example when you share content within a Group or when you use Tellit Network Tricker, Chat Rooms, Messages and any other communication channels;
- To third-party service providers who may assist in providing our Services or part of our Services;
- To the Tellit Network Partner Companies.
- To third-party apps, websites or other Commnities that you can connect to through the Tellit Network Services;
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our Services, a merger, consolidation, asset sale or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy or insolvency or if the ownership or control of all or part of our Services or their assets changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner;
- To help verify accounts and activity, and to promote safety and security on and off our Community and Tellit Network Services, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies; and
- As otherwise directed or authorized by you.
We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. For example, we may provide information to third-party partners about the reliability of your account to prevent fraud and abuse on and off our Community and other Tellit Network Services. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. We also may retain information from accounts disabled for violations of our terms for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other violations of our terms.
Aggregate or de-identified data
We may also disclose information that has been aggregated or that otherwise does not personally identify you to third parties and affiliates who may, amongst other purposes, use it for analytics, trends and analysis to improve and provide our products and services and the products and services provided by the Tellit Network Partner Companies.
Safety and Security
We use the information that we have to help verify accounts and activity and to promote safety and security on and off our Community, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies. We work hard to protect your account by using teams of engineers, automated systems and advanced technology such as encryption and machine learning. For example, we may deploy automated technologies to detect abusive behavior and content, such as child pornography, that may harm our Community, you, other users, or others. Some aspects of the Services may contain links to content maintained by third parties that we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third parties, and we recommend that you view the privacy policies of each website that you visit.
How do you access and modify the information we hold about you?
You access, correct or delete information that you have uploaded to the platform using the tools within the platform (for example, editing your profile information or via the Activity Log) provided by us. Changes that you make to your information on the platform take immediate effect on your Business community, but data might be retained by Tellit Network in backup copies for a commercially reasonable amount of time.
How our global services operate
How do you close your account?
You can delete your Tellit Network free account any time. When you delete your account, we delete things you have posted. It may take up to 90 days to delete data stored in backup systems. Your info isn't accessible on the Tellit Network during this time.
How will we notify you of changes to this policy?
How to contact Tellit Network with questions